How to fix Outlook Stuck at Loading Profile screen?
Outlook is little bit complicated in Windows 8 as well as in Windows 10 too. It usually gets hanged while loading profile. Whether it is Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016; stuck at loading profile screen is a common issue that may be faced every now and then. Users mainly try to follow renaming .pst file or moving it but Outlook doesn’t allow to do it. Given are the top solutions to use Outlook smoothly and without any issue.
1) Repairing Corrupted Data Files– When data files are corrupted, Outlook gets hanged. Repairing a .pst file becomes quite necessary, so a small guide is given here for the same:
• Start with Program Files folder on your PC, where the most common path is C:\Program Files.
• Search ‘Scanpst.exe’ and double click on it.
• A dialogue box will be opened, enter the name of the file you wish to scan.
• If any error in the file will be found, it will ask you to start repair process.
• Click Repair and follow the steps to make your Outlook bug free.
After following the given steps, if the issue still persists, try the next solution.
2) Stop Data Files to be accessed by other applications –Outlook needs to access and locks its data files while reading and writing. These Data files are stored in .PST or .OST format and in case, these are being accessed by any other software/application at the same time, Outlook starts throwing ‘Loading Profile’ issue and waits for these files till they become accessible. You can solve this issue:
• Check if your anti-virus is scanning data files or not. If yes, disable the anti-virus.
• Open Windows Task Manager and kill outlook.exe file as it runs in the background and locks the data files.
3) Disable VPN or 3rd Party Application – Any specific VPN may cause the issue with Outlook. If you have recently installed or updated any applications on your PC, uninstall it to see if Outlook works fine or not. Try to run Outlook in safe mode (hold Ctrl Key & Double Click on Outlook Icon) else run outlook.exe /resetnavpane or outlook.exe /resetfolders commands in Run Command Box to make Outlook stable.
4) End Lync –Right-click on Lync in windows task manager and select ending task to close Lync.
5) Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration - Open Outlook in Safe Mode and select File > Options > Advanced and check mark on ‘Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration’ option.
Be on the safer side and try restarting the PC after any installation or uninstallation. The mentioned solutions will be helpful to use Outlook without any issue. Definitely, you will be able to solve the problem and Outlook is no longer stuck at loading profile. In case you still face any problem, let us know at Microsoft Outlook Email Support.